8.8 Premium Design Great Build Quality Stock Android Taste Very Good Performance Great Camera
XIAOMI MI A1 Full Review, Specification, Pros and Cons – Xiomi is popular for its good quality smartphone at a very low price. The custom operating system MIUI is also very popular and favorite of everyone. But nothing can match the quality of google android stock feel. Keeping this in mind, Xiaomi has launched its first stock android smartphone which is under google android one project. They named it The Xiaomi MI Android One (A1). In the smartphone you’ll get pure stock android feel and regular update before every other smartphone.
XIAOMI MI A1 Full Review, Specification, Pros and Cons
Design & Build
Are you a Iphone or Oneplus lover? Dream to buy them but only can afford midrange smartphone? Well this phone is a perfect pick for you. The MI A1 design resembles the iPhone 7+ and Oneplus 5 look and design. The body of the Mi A1 is fully metal build and look very much premium.
It also gives a premium feel in hand. At 7.3m very thick build, the phone weights only 165 gram in hand. The phone is slightly wide but feels handy in hand. At the back there is a dual camera and flashlight at the top left and fingerprint sensor at the upper center. Because of its handy feel, the fingerprint sensor comes perfectly in fingers. Front cam on the front and full with lots of sensors. On top, there is only IR Blasters. Volume rockers and Power button on the right side. Dual Hybrid Sim Slot on the left. On bottom, there is USB Type C reversible charger port, two screws, 3.5mm Headphone jack and Speakers.
The 5.5-inch LTPS IPS display on the Mi A1 makes for a good design choice with 2.5D curved glass at the top. The Display of the MI A1 is bright and sharp. But at outside, when the sunshine falls on it, the colors often appeared washed out.But the color originally is great and text is very sharp.The color reproduction could be more accurate, but most users won’t notice unless they have it side-by-side with a better panel.
Hardware & Performance
MI A1 comes with a Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor which offers a good balance of performance and efficiency, and keeps the pricing in check. 2.2Ghz octa core processor powered with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage. The processor is able to run a lots of HD games smoothly and lag freely. Also, because of the stock android, the ram management in this device is also very good. The speakers are very loud and active cancellation mode offers you the best sound experience.
The Most interesting and gamble is the camera of this midrange device. The camera of this device comes with dual camera setup. The camera consists of 12MP wide-angle 26mm f/2.2 lens and another 12 MP 50mm f/2.6 telephoto lens, with a dual-tone LED flash. In good lighting, the camera captures some good quality pictures which gives you accurate colors and good sharpness. Although the low light performance is not much satisfactory. In low light, pictures are lack of details and sharpness.
- Potrait Mode: The specialty of MI A1 camera is the portrait mode or depth effect of the camera. The device took stunning photos in portrait mode of any focused person or a thing.
- Wide Angle Lens: MI A1 wide angle lens captures good quality photos which gives you sharp details and accurate colors. But we can say that the night mode of this device is not much than satisfactory.
- Front Camera: MI A1 got a 5 MP front facing camera which takes some decent selfies. I will say the front facing camera is OK. Not so good or not so bad.
- Other Features: There are a lots of other features in the camera such as Panorama, Beauty Mode, Group Selfies, Video Camera Time Laps, Slow Motion, Manual Mode etc.
XIAOMI kept the capacity of MI A1 a little bit low but not that bad. Its 3080 mAh battery able to keep the screen on for 6hours+ time in heavy use. With the normal uses you the phone can run upto 8 hours continuously a day. The performance of the MI A1 battery is quite impressive. Also the Stock android interface helps the phone to reduce battery drainage. Instandroid will give the battery rating 9/10.
The Mi A1 runs Android 7.1.1 Nougat in its unadulterated form. There are no add-ons or customizations, and Xiaomi only bundles three of its apps – Feedback, Mi Remote, and Mi Store. The camera app too is Xiaomi’s because the stock Android app does not support dual cameras yet. With the new phone you will have the nougat version. But Xiaomi promised that they will give their user the taste of OREO before 2018. So right now, you can instantly upgrade to OREO in MI A1.
MI A1 Pros
- Premium Design
- Great Build Quality
- Stock Android Taste
- Very Good Performance
- Great Camera
- Good Portrait Mode
- Good Specs
- Excellent Price
MI A1 Cons
- Copied Design
- Poor Camera Performance at Low Light
- Specs same as Redmi Note 4x and Redmi 4 Prime with High price than them.
MI A1 Price
Xiaomi released MI A1 with only 4 GB RAM and 64 GB ROM variant. Recently they have released a special edition MI A1 with red color and the ROM is reduced to 32 GB.
- Price in Bangladesh – 23490 BDT (4/64 GB Variant)/ 21990 BDT (4/32 GB Variant)
- Price in India – 14990 Rps
- Samsung J1 Ace SM-J111F Custom Recovery TWRP
- Nokia 6 Custom Recovery TWRP [TeamWin Recovery Project]
- Nokia 6 (2018) First Look, Specification, Price Leaked
- Samsung Galaxy A3 (2015) Marshmallow Custom Rom – CyanogenMod 13
- OnePlus 5 Nougat Custom ROM – FreeDom OS