Xiaomi MI A1 Enable EIS, Google HDR+ CAMERA – No Root – MI A1 was released in September 2017. It is the product of Chinese Manufacturing company Xiaomi which is linked with Google Android One project. Its mind blowing dual camera consist of 12 megapixel wide angle lens and 12 megapixel telephoto lens is the amazing specs which made it a very popular budget smartphone to the users. But still it has some lackings which has some space to improve. There is no EIS – Electronic Image Stabilization on the camera which make the recorded videos of the phone very shaky. Well, google HDR+ camera can solve this problem. BUt there is also a problem. Google HDR+ camera needs root permission to be installed on devices. But if we root MI A1. it might occure some problem in the OTA updates of the phone. So, In this article we are going to show how to enable Google HDR+ camera with no root required.
Xiaomi MI A1 Enable EIS, Google HDR+ CAMERA – No Root
Rooting or flashing Custom Recovery/Custom ROM’s results to the void of the warranty of the device. (We) Instandroid.net and its authors will not responsible for bricked devices, dead SDcard or any damage in your device which is incurred in the process of flashing Custom Recovery/custom ROM/Rooting or any development process the device. We highly advice to take a backup of your device prior to performing the process. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM, before flashing it! You are choosing to make these modifications. Nevertheless if you need any help, just comments already. We will always pleased to help you.
- Google HDR+ Camera Installer.zip – Download
How to Install Google HDR+ Camera On MI A1
- First of all, go to Settings>Security an disable all pattern/password protection of your device.
- Go to Settings>System>About Phone>Click on Build Number 6-7 Times to enable Developer Mode.
- Now, go to Developer Options and enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugger.
- Now, on your computer, install ADB/Fastboot drivers. If you don’t know how to install ABD/Fastboot, Follow this article ADB/FastBoot Installation Guide
- Download Google HDR+ Camera Installer.zip from the download link given above.
- Now, connect your MI A1 to your computer using original USB Cable.
- Now open a ADB/Fastboot window by holding SHIFT+Right Mouse Button and open new command prompt.
- On the Command Prompt type “adb version“
- the type “adb devices”. This command will connect your debvice to adb mode. On your phone a window will show up saying “Allow USB debigging? Click on OK.
- Unzip Google HDR+ Camera Installer.zip and Open the folder. Open GCam MI A1.exe and click on Enable HAL3, EIS and Instal GCam.
- The process will automatically unlock the bootloader, temporarily installs TWRP, installs the Google Camera port, and then re-locks the bootloader without rooting the device at all.
- Your device will be turned off and will start the process of installation. After finishing the process it will restart.
- Now, go to Menu. You will see Google Camera is installed.