Xiaomi Mi A1 Unlock Bootloader Install TWRP Root and Magisk Manager (Oreo 8.0). If You are looking a way to root your Xiaomi Mi A1 without loosing Google’s OTA update or install TWRP or unlocking bootloader, then this post might be a great helping guide for you.
Xiaomi Mi A1 Unlock Bootloader Install TWRP Root and Magisk Manager (Oreo 8.0)
Rooting or flashing Custom Recovery/Custom ROM’s results to the void of the warranty of the device. (We) Instandroid and its authors will not responsible for bricked devices, dead SDcard or any damage in your device which is incurred in the process of flashing Custom Recovery/custom ROM/Rooting or any development process the device. We highly advice to take a backup of your device prior to performing the process. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM, before flashing it! You are choosing to make these modifications. Nevertheless if you need any help, just comments already. We will always pleased to help you.
Downloads and Requirements
To Proceed with unlocking the bootloader and installing TWRP custom recovery in your Xiaomi Mi A1 (Oreo 8.0 version), first you need to download the following files from download link bellow. and make sure your mobile’s battery have enough juice (More than 70% charge). And You also need to install ADB driver (link is given bellow) —
TWRP Installation And Bootloader Unlock Process of Xiaomi Mi A1
- At first install the ADB driver. Then Enable Developer Option on your phone, To enable developer option of your Xiaomi Mi A1, go to System Settings> System > About Phone > Press over Build number up to seven times, until you see you’re a developer now. Then go back to Developer Option > Enable OEM Unlocking and Enable USB Debugging. Once this is done connect your phone with your Desktop/Laptop. Meantime if your phone ask for permission (“ALLOW USB DEBUGGING“), then allow this permission.
- Now go to your PC, Extract the folder Recovery Installer.zip and turn off your phone. and go to FastBoot Mode. To enter fastboot mode, first turn off your phone, and then press Volume Down Button + Power Button All together until you see fastboot logo
- Now open the Recovery Installer folder and press SHIFT KEY + Right Mouse Key to open the command prompt or follow the screenshot
- Meantime a CMD (command prompt) will appear on your computer screen. Now type the following command and hit enter (DO NOT MODIFY THE COMMAND)
fastboot oem unlock
- now type and execute the following command. Flashing process will be completed with-in 10-15 seconds and your device will automatically reboot into recovery mode. (DO NOT MODIFY THE COMMAND)
fastboot boot oreo_3.2.2_recovery.img
- Once your device reboot into recovery mode, You can see your phone’s internal storage from you PC. Now copy “twrp-3.2.1-1-installer-tissot-FIXED_By_DroiDMester.zip” file to your phones internal storage. After that go to install on TWRP mode of your phone, and locate the file and flash the file “twrp-3.2.1-1-installer-tissot-FIXED_By_DroiDMester.zip“.
- Now press back key (DO NOT REBOOT YOUR DEVICE YET) and reach the main page of TWRP where you can see ⇒ INSTALL WIPE BACKUP RESTORE MOUNT SETTING ADVANCE REBOOT all this section. Now go to REBOOT > SLOT B (from given option). Once this is done, reboot your device into BOOTLOADER MODE (fastboot Mode).
- Now again type and execute the following command. Flashing process will be completed with-in 10-15 seconds and your device will automatically reboot into recovery mode once again. (DO NOT MODIFY THE COMMAND)
fastboot boot oreo_3.2.2_recovery.img
- Once again your device will reboot into recovery mode and again locate the file and flash the file “twrp-3.2.1-1-installer-tissot-FIXED_By_DroiDMester.zip” again. This will install the TWRP recovery in your Xiaomi Mi A1 permanently.
- After flashing reboot your phone into system. On bootloader you will see a warning message “Your device software cannot be checked for corruption. please lock the bootloader” which means you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Xiaomi Mi A1
- Once You’ve unlocked your Xiaomi Mi A1, now you can root your phone, install custom rom, tweak your phone.
How to Root Xiaomi Mi A1 (Installing Magisk Manager)
- To root your phone, copy “patched_boot.img” and “Magisk Manager.apk” file to your phones internal storage. Make Sure you have working internet connection. Buy cellular Data Pack or connect with WiFI.
- Install Magisk Manager and open the app. Magisk will hit a dialogue box to “Do You Want To Install Magisk V15.3.zip Now“. Then Select INSTALL > DOWNLOAD ZIP ONLY.
- Once the file is downloaded. Press over INSTALL BUTTON (on Magisk)
- Magisk will once again show the dialogue box to “Do You Want To Install Magisk V15.3.zip Now“. Now Choose the second option PATCH BOOT IMAGE FILE >“patched_boot.img“. Now magisk manager will download some file and start the flashing automatically. This process will end with in 30 second. Then Close the application and check with ROOT CHECKER to verify the ROOT ACCESS.
- If you miss something, you may watch the full video in youtube.
Source: XDA Forum
- How to Install ADB Drivers in Your Computer (Windows 7, 8.0, 8.1, 10)
- Root XIAOMI MI A1 – Oreo 8.0 Version
- Asus Zenfone 2 ZE550ML Custom Rom SuperZen (LP-5.1)
- Asus Zenfone 2 Custom Rom CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightly Bulids (ZE551ML)
- OnePlus 5 OREO Custom ROM XXX NOLimits 9.6