TWRP Custom Recovery For Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus (Snapdragon And Exynos ) (Download and Installation Method). Installing any custom recovery in your phone is the very beginning step of developing your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus. Lucily Team Win (TWRP Developer Team) has developed TWRP recovery for both Snapdragon And Exynos variant of Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. Recovery will also worked in any unlocked variant of bellow modal. G950F (Europe, Global Single-SIM); G950FD (Global Dual-SIM); G950U (USA Unlocked); G950A (AT&T); G950P (Sprint); G950T (T-Mobile); G950V (Verizon); G950R4 (US Cellular); G950W (Canada); G950S/G950K/G950L (South Korea); G9500 (China). For additional information, downloads, requirements and working methods, follow the article below.
TWRP Custom Recovery For Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
Flashing custom recoveries results to the void of the warranty of the device. (We) Instandroid.net and its authors will not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD card or any damage in your device which is incurred in the process of flashing Custom Recovery/custom ROM/Rooting or any development process the device. We highly advice you to take a backup of your device prior to performing the process. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM, before flashing it! You are choosing to make these modifications. Nevertheless if you need any help, just comments. We will always pleased to help you.
You must need an bootloader Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus in order to flash Twrp (Team Win Recovery Project) image.
- First go to your phone’s Settings > About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer Options.
- Again go to Settings > Developer options and enable OEM Unlock option.
- Make sure you have enough battery juice left
- A windows PC
- USB cable
- and your brain 😛
You need some files in order to flash the TWRP img in your Samsung S8/S8 +
- USB Driver for Samsung
- Samsung Odin
- TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S8 (Exynos)
- TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S8 (Snapdragon)
- TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus (Exynos)
- TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus (Snapdragon)
(How to flash twrp custom recovery in Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus)
- Step 1 – Download and Install USB Driver. Also download Samsung Odin and twrp recovery image according to your device handset. If you don’t know what chipset your phone have, You can download CPU Z android app in order to check your handset Chipset variant. Ater that Extract all the Zip file.
- Step 2 – Open the Odin folder and Execute/Run the Odin3_v3.12.3.exe (Run As Administrator is recommended)
- Step 3 – Now connect your Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus via USB cable. If your USB driver installation was successful, You will definitely see Added message in Log Section of your ODIN window. If you didn’t see any Added message , that means your Computer couldn;t able to recognize your phone because drivers are missing. You can re install Samsung USB Driver and Restart your computer or You can Download Samsung Smart Switch Software and install it in your computer to fix the problem.
- Next you have to Click on AP section, and locate the “twrp-3.2.1-0-xxx.img.tar”
- After that click over Start option and wait for flashing process to complete.
- Your phone will automatically reboot after flashing. and voila you have successfully install/flash twrp custom recovery in your Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus (Snapdragon/Exynos variant)
Initialize TWRP in S8/S8+
- If you already had completed TWRP installation part successfully, you should be in TWRP now. At this point, you will reach the screen asking you if you want to allow system modifications.
- Now Select “Keep /system RO“. (Don’t swipe right or you may not be able to boot into system if you failed to complete next steps. However, you can swipe right to allow modifications if you are confident that you can complete next steps.)
- Go to “Wipe” menu of TWRP and you will find “Format Data”. Press “Format Data” and type “yes” to continue.
- Go to “Reboot” menu and Press “Recovery” to reboot TWRP.
- Download the latest dm-verity and force encryption disabler zip on your computer.
- Transfer the zip to your phone.
– Option 1: MTP: Connect your phone with computer and just copy the zip to internal storage. (similar to how you transfer files when in system.)
– Option 2: ADB: Connect your phone with computer and run command “adb push /path/to/zip /sdcard/”.
– Option 3: External SD: Copy the zip to an external SD and then insert the card to your phone.
- Go to “Install” menu of TWRP and flash the zip.
How to Enter Recovery Mode In Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
- At the very beginning switch off your phone. After that press and hold the Volume Up + Bixby + Power button for a couple of seconds. Release held keys as soon as you can see the Samsung logo.
- The Installing System Update and No Command screen should pop up. Wait a few seconds until this Blue Screen disappear.
- Now you should be in the expected TWRP custom recovery mode.
Once You have successfully done all the given procedure, you are now good to go —
- You can now root Your Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
- Install Custom ROM in your Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
- All Custom List for Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
- Or Use any advance custom tweaks
- Minotaurus Custom Rom for Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
- Huawei Honor 7X Custom Rom Pixel Experience (Oreo 8.1) (Official)
- Huawei Honor 7X Custom Rom Resurrection Remix V6.0.0 (Oreo 8.1) (Official)
- Xiaomi MI 6 Nougat Custom ROM AICP 12.1 Unofficial
- Xiaomi MI 6 Oreo Custom ROM OmniROM 8.1 Weekly Build OFFICIAL