Sony Xperia XA [Single-F31xx/Dual-F32xx] TWRP Installation – Sony Xperia XA is a popular midrange smartphone which have two variants for netwrok connectivity. They are Single SIM variant (F31xx) and Dual Sim variant (F32xx). Also the smartphone have some decent specs such as Mediatek MT6755 Helio P10 chipset with Octa Core processor powered with Mali T860MP2 GPU. The phone have a 16 GB of internal storage with 2 GB of RAM. Although with good specs the Sony stock Android is plagued with trashware and all the hurdles Android itself has several privacy problems. By rooting the phone these limitations can be exceeded. To root the device the device must need a Custom Recovery. Without Custom recovery one can not proceed to rooting. So, in this article we will see how to install TWRP Custom Recovery in Sony Xperia XA both Single and Dual Sim variants.
Sony Xperia XA [Single-F31xx/Dual-F32xx] TWRP Installation
Rooting or flashing Custom Recovery/Custom ROM’s results to the void of the warranty of the device. (We) Instandroid.net and its authors will not responsible for bricked devices, dead SDcard or any damage in your device which is incurred in the process of flashing Custom Recovery/custom ROM/Rooting or any development process the device. We highly advice to take a backup of your device prior to performing the process. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM, before flashing it! You are choosing to make these modifications. Nevertheless if you need any help, just comments already. We will always pleased to help you.
Download And Requirement
To do any root process or twrp installation, your Sony Xperia XA bootloader must be unlocked. If you don’t know how to unlock bootloader, follow the post Universal Sony Device Bootloader Unlock Method.
- Sony Xperia XA ADB Files & Fastboot Drivers – Download
- TWRP Recovery [Single SIM F31xx] – Download
- Boot for Single SIM [F31xx] – Download
- TWRP Recovery [Dual SIM F32xx] – Download
- Boot for Dual Sim [F32xx] – Download
- A Computer
- Original USB Cable
How To Install TWRP Recovery in Sony Xperia XA
- First of all, dial *#*#7378423#*#* and choose Service info> Configuration>Check for “Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes. If “No” appears you should not progress to the next step. If Yes, follow the post to unlock your bootloader. Universal Sony Device Bootloader Unlock Method. If your phones bootloader is laready unlocked, follow next steps.
- Now download ADB Files and Fastboot Drivers from the download link given above and install it.
- Download TWRP recovery and Boot from the download link given above on your Computer and put them in the ADB Folder.
- Now, take your phone into fastboot mode by holding Power Button+ Volume UP button altogether. Phone will boot up to fastboot mode and the notification light must be blue. Connect to your computer via USB Cable.
- Now, on the adb folder open a command prompt window and type Following codes “adb devices“. This code is necessary to make sure that your device is connected to pc.
- Rename downloaded TWRP recovery to recovery.img and Boot to boot.img. Now on the Command window type “fastboot flash boot boot.img“
- Then type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img“. This codes will install recovery img on your smartphone.
- Now unplug device from computer and hold “Vol-” and “Power” buttons. Release all buttons after phone vibrate.
- Congrats! You are in TWRP Mode now.
- Follow the next article To root Your Sony Xperia XA.