Sony Xperia 8 announced with 21:9 Display, Snapdragon 630 SoC and Dual Cameras: Launch, Price and Specification. Sony android smartphones aren’t as popular worldwide as they once were, but the company still has a respect through being impressively large presence in its domestic market of Japan. The new smartphone was announced through a press release issued by Sony Japan. Sony announced a new mid-range android smartphone device “Xperia 8”, a new mid-range smartphone, which will be released in late October in Japan. The design of the phone is rather unique, with the screen stretching nearly till the bottom of the phone. The phone will be available in multiple color options, including black, grey, blue and orange.
Sony Xperia 8 Launch, Price and Specification
Xperia 8 will be packed with the signature 21:9 Full-HD display with a 6-inch diagonal in a body in addition with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 on the front and back this time. Unlike the flagship Xperia models, the Xperia 8 comes with an LCD panel. The main power-house of SONY Xperia 8 will be the Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 SoC. On camera department, The Xperia 8 also will have a dual-camera setup, with a 12-megapixel primary camera and an 8-megapixel secondary camera. It will be packed a 12MP F/1.8 main shooter alongside an 8MP F/2.4 ultra-wide angle camera. Xperia 8 will have an IPX5/ 8 rating for water resistance, and IP6X rating for dust resistance. The phone will have a 2,760 mAh battery capacity with support for 18W fast charging and use a USB Type-C port for charging and data transfers. 4G-LTE connectivity and VoLTE are also supported on the device. Other features include a 3.5mm headphone jack with LDAC for high-resolution audio, NFC and an LED notification light.
The Xperia 8 will remain exclusive to Japan and is expected to arrive later in October for around JPY 54,000 ($505). The Sony Xperia 8 is rather expensive for what’s on offer, particularly considering that similarly priced phones in India offer a lot more by way of specifications. However, Sony’s popularity in Japan could mean that the phone sells well there when it goes on sale in late October.
Xperia 8 Key Specification
- 6-inch (2560 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 21:9 aspect ratio wide LCD with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- 2.2 GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 SOC 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 508 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 512GB via microSD card
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM 4G
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, EIS, secondary 8MP camera with f/2.4 aperture, 2x optical zoom
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Waterproof (IPX5 / IPX8), dust proof (IP6X)
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 158 x 69 x 8.1 mm; Weight: 170g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 2760mAh battery with fast charging