Samsung Galaxy S8 Custom Rom Lineage OS 14.1 (SM-G950F/FD) (Nougat 7.1) (Unofficial). Lineage OS 14.1 for Samsung galaxy s8 (SM-G950F/FD) is android nougat 7.1.2 based custom rom. Lineage OS is a free and open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. This Rom is little bit buggy. Lineage OS14.1 for samsung S8 is not suitable for daily usage, Because this rom is still in Alpha stage and some features are broken. If you still wanna try this rom, first take a complete nandroid backup of your current rom. For additional information. download link and installation method, Check out the article below.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Custom Rom Lineage OS 14.1 (SM-G950F/FD) (Nougat 7.1) (Unofficial)
ROM Name: Lineage OS 14.1
ROM Version: Alpha
ROM OS: Android Nougat
OS Version: 7.1
ROM Base: Lineage OS
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Status: Stable and Unofficial
ROM Size: 435.1 MB
ROM Language: English/ Multi language supported
Rom Release date: 15 November 2017
ROM Tester: Jack The Reaper (Unofficial)
ROM Uploader: Jack The Reaper, Instandroid
ROM Contributor: Instandroid, XDA Forum
ROM Developer: Fevax (XDA Developer)
ROM Source Credit: XDA Forum
- Android 7.1.2 Custom Rom
- Heavily De-Odexed
- Based on G950FXXU1CRD7
- Every other features are working (Audio, Boot animation, Brightness Level, Bluetooth, Microphone, MTP, Wi-Fi, LED, All sensors except fingerprint reader, SD Card, Capacitive buttons
- Lineage Boot animation
- Smooth and stable rom
- Optimized for improved battery backup
- Optimized for improved performance
- Smooth and Pretty stable rom
- Fingerprint/Iris unlock after reboot
- Better Ram management
- Substream theme engine
- And so much more
- Bluetooth audio
- Fingerprint reader
- RIL (calls, sms, microphone, data) *works only in first boot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
Rooting or flashing Custom Recovery/Custom ROM’s results to the void of the warranty of the device. (We) Instandroid.net and its authors will not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD card or any damage in your device which is incurred in the process of flashing Custom Recovery/custom ROM/Rooting or any development process the device. We highly advice to take a backup of your device prior to performing the process. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM, before flashing it! You are choosing to make these modifications. Nevertheless if you need any help, just comments already. We will always pleased to help you.
You will be needing a bootloader unlocked and custom recovery installed device to flash Samsung Galaxy S8 Oreo Custom Rom Lineage OS 14.1.
- TWRP Custom Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus (Snapdragon And Exynos)
- All Custom List for Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
To use Unofficial build of Samsung Galaxy S8 Custom Rom Lineage OS 14.1 (SM-G950F/FD) (Nougat 7.1) , First you need to download the rom files from download link bellow —
How To Install Lineage OS Custom ROM In Samsung Galaxy S8/ S8+ (SM-G950F/FD)
- At first Download the ROM and copy the Lineage OS 14.1 Rom file, copy this in Phone’s External Storage/SD-card/USB OTG. and copy the Recovery file in your desktop/laptop.
- After successfully entering the Custom Recovery Option TWRP first & foremost take a backup up of your current ROM. Select “Backup” 》Select External storage 》 backup process may take 5/7 minutes.
- After entering TWRP Recovery mode, select “Wipe” and “Format Data“. Now select “Advanced Wipe” and wipe everything but not Micro SD Card and USB OTG.
- Just Click install select the Lineage OS 14.1 Rom file from Phone’s External storage/SD CARD/USB OTG (where you’ve copied the rom).
- Now confirm with “Swipe to Install“. After that flash the GAAP file
- At the end of the installation, you can press “Reboot Now“.
- Your phone will reboot with new ROM.
- After that enjoy the test of Samsung Galaxy S8 Custom Rom Lineage OS 14.1 (SM-G950F/FD) (Nougat 7.1) (Unofficial).
Source: XDA Forum