RRoot XIAOMI MI A1 – Oreo 8.0 Version (Without Loosing OTA Update Ability) – MI A1 comes with a Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor which offers a good balance of performance and efficiency, and keeps the pricing in check. 2.2Ghz octa core processor powered with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage. The processor is able to run a lots of HD games smoothly and lag freely. Also, because of the stock android, the ram management in this device is also very good. But some users might lost their on stock interface feel. Because MI means a very stylish smartphone with a beautiful customized system UI. But after the release of kernal source of MI A1, developers started to develop this A1. Now you can customize your MI A1 by the help of root. In this post you will learn how to root MI A1.
Root XIAOMI MI A1 – Oreo 8.0 Version (Without Loosing OTA Update Ability)
Flashing Custom Recovery such as TWRP results to the void of the warranty of the device. (We) Instandroid.net and its authors will not responsible for bricked devices, dead SDcard or any damage in your device which is incurred in the process of flashing Custom Recovery/custom ROM/Rooting or any development process the device. We highly advice to take a backup of your device prior to performing the process. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM, before flashing it! You are choosing to make these modifications. Nevertheless if you need any help, just comments already. We will always pleased to help you.
Download & Requirements
- Magisk Manager Latest – Download
- January Security Patch – Download
- February Security Patch – Download
- A Computer
- USB Cable
How To Root MI A1
- First of all, go to Settings>Security an disable all pattern/password protection of your device.
- Go to Settings>System>About Phone>Click on Build Number 6-7 Times to enable Developer Mode.
- Now, go to Developer Options and enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugger.
- Now, on your computer, install ADB/Fastboot drivers. If you don’t know how to install ABD/Fastboot, Follow this article How to Install ADB Drivers or Minimal ADB FastBoot.
- Download Your Required Security Patch boot img from the download link given above ON YOUR PC. Extract it and put the .omg file on Fastboot folder.
- Now, turn off your phone. Press Power Button + Volume Down button altogether untill your phone boot into fastboot mode.
- Then connect your phone to Computer via USB Cable.
- On the ADB Folder open a command prompt window and type the following codes-
- fastboot oem unlock
- fastboot boot patched_boot.img
- Now download Magisk Manager APK from the download link given above.
- Open Magisk Manager and install magisk installer using direct method.
- After installtion, Reboot your phone.
- Congrats! Your MI A1 is rooted now.
- To check, download Root checker pro and check root status.