OnePlus 5 Nandroid Backup Process. A Nandroid backup of a rooted smartphone is the number one process after gaining root access. It is a very important thing to have before installing any custom software on your device. It’s basically a backup of your stock system that you can fall back on if anything goes wrong or if you just want your stock ROM back. You can also use Nandroid Bckup to create a backup of your favorite ROM set up exactly the way you like it. The backup you create can be easily restored using the restore tool in TWRP recovery.
OnePlus 5 Nandroid Backup Process
Rooting, Unlocking or flashing any Custom Recovery/Custom ROM’s results to the void of the warranty of the device. Instandroid.net and its authors will not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD-card or any damage in your device which is incurred in the process of flashing Custom Recovery/custom ROM/Rooting or any development process the device. We highly advice to take a backup of your device prior to performing the process. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM, before flashing it! You are choosing to make these modifications. Nevertheless if you need any help, just comments already. We will always pleased to help you.
Before making a backup with Custom Recovery you must remove all Lock screen Security of your device. If you do not do this you will not be able to unlock your device after restoring your backup (entering your pin/pattern/password will result in an “incorrect pin/pattern/password” message), you’ll be forced to perform a factory reset to boot into Android.
Download & Requirement
Your OnePlus 5 phone’s Bootloader must be unlocked. If you haven’t unlocked it yet follow this post How To Unlock Bootloader Of OnePlus 5. Your phone must have installed Custom Recovery for this process. If you haven’t installed custom recovery follow this post OnePlus 5 Custom Recovery – TWRP
- OnePlus 5 Device with Unlocked Bootloader
- Oneplus 5 Device with installed TWRP
- Nothing to Download :-p
How To Make A Nandroid Backup On OnePlus 5
- Boot Into TWRP Recovery.
- Go to Backup Menu and select all the listed partitions.
- Name the Backup if needed (Optional)
- Swipe to take Backup. This proces should take 4 to 8 minutes depending upon the size of data.
- Reboot System when done. Your Nandroid will be stored in the Backup Folder inside TWRP Folder /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS.
How To Restore Nandroid Backup On OnePlus 5
- Boot Into TWRP Recovery.
- Go to Restore Menu and select the backup you want to restore.
- Select the partitions you want to restore.
- Swipe to Restore. The process will take approximately 10 minutes.
- Reboot system once done.
If You Make A Mistake
If you forget to remove lock screen security (PIN/Pattern/Password) before starting backup, and you cannot get into your OS after restoring, you can do the following to fix the issue:
- Boot Into TWRP
- Use TWRP File Manager and Navigate to /data/sytem/
- Delete locksettings.db
- Delete locksettings.db-shm
- Delete locksettings.db-wal.
- Delete gatekeeper.password.key
- Delete gatekeeper.pattern.key
- You may or may not have all the above files. So delete the ones you see.
- Reboot device and (if you’ve set a PIN) enter it to decrypt the storage one more time. After that you can simply unlock your phone with a swipe.
- After Boot > Go into Settings > Security > set your preferred unlock method
- Android will ask you if you want to set a boot-time code too. So select as per convenience.
- Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL Bootloader Unlocking Method
- OnePlus 5 Root Method – Magisk Installation
- OnePlus 5 Custom Recovery – TWRP
- Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL Rooting Method
- Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL Custom Recovery TWRP (Z012D)ZE520KL(Z017D)