How to Install Magisk Manager, Magisk Manager is the application same as SuperSU which is pre-installed on your device after you have rooted your Android device. In simple terms Magisk Manager, is a great alternative of Chainfire’s SuperSU. But unlike Chainfire’s SuperSU, Magisk manager offers some great advantages such as you can’t run the banking applications on your android or any security related apps or talking about OTA Update after Rooting your phone which is designed not to run/operate in rooted devices. But with the help of magisk manager, you can break those restriction. Magisk offers some amazing features the way you can use any application without any issues. Best part of magisk that it works systemless-ly, and it doesn’t modify or alter your system partition. Magisk has Universal Systemless Interface. So you can use magisk in any android device you like. It means that if you want to create your mod or app, you can do so with the help of magisk. Magisk is mostly same as Xposed Framework and in the Xposed framework, there are different modules which you can install on your device. Unfortunately, the Xposed framework is not available for Android Nougat. You can use the Magisk Manager on your device, and the Xposed Framework is mixed into it, and you can install some modules on your device with the help of magisk manager. You can hide root from other applications.
How to Install Magisk Manager
- Magisk Manager – MagiskSU Root Privilege Management, Upgrade Magisk, Manage MagiskHide listsManage, Upgrade, Download, Install Magisk Modules from the community driven online Magisk Module Repo.
- MagiskSU (Open Source Root Solution) – Root your device with MagiskSU, based on phh’s Superuser, which is based on CM Superuser.
- MagiskHide – It allows user to hide Magisk/Root Access from detections: Google SafetyNet, enterprise / bank system integrity checks, game tamper checks etc. That means You can still get OTA Updates, Run banking application in your android.
- MagiskMount – Magic Mount Allow you to do any system (vendor) modification without actually tampering the partitions. Anything can be loaded with Magisk systemless-ly!
- Resetprop – Resetprop allow you to do any modifications to system properties, including read-only props. This is also used along with magiskhide to trick various device status sent from the bootloader
- Miscellaneous – Remove AVB 2.0, dm-verity, forceencrypt. Unlock partitions blocks to support remount to rw.
To install magisk manager you will be needing a Bootloader Unlocked and Custom Recovery (TWRP) android device. If you don’t have a TWRP recovery, then you can install the Magisk Manager Android application on your device, and you can enjoy the system less rooting on your device.
Before proceeding with installation of Magisk in you android device, first you need to download the follow files.
Magisk Manager Installation Method
Magisk can be installed in both rooted and Unrooted device:
- Rooted Devices –
- Download and Install Magisk Manager apk from download section
- Download the magisk modules and save them in internal storage
- Install the Magisk Modules step by step and shown in app.
- Reboot, and you’re done!!
- Unrooted Devices – (requires TWRP)
- Download the Magisk Module zip file from above download section and copy the file to your device.
- Turn off your phone and reboot your device into TWRP recovery mode.
- After entering in TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select Magisk Module (zip file) that you copied to your device.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the Magisk Module installation process. Screenshots are given bellow.
Uninstalling Magisk Manager
Even though magisk offers some great features, If you wish to Un-install Magisk Manager one day, then follow the procedure –
- First download Magisk Uninstaller Zip
- Reboot into recovery mode
- Flash the uninstaller.zip
- reboot your device.
- Xiaomi Mi A1 Oreo Custom Rom Lineage OS 15.1 (Unofficial)
- Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL Custom Rom Lineage OS 14.1 OMS(Substratum)
- Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML Custom ROM LineageOS 14.1 (Z00A/Z008)
- Xiaomi Mi A1 Nougat Custom Rom Citrus CAF
- Xiaomi Mi A1 Nougat Custom Rom Lineage OS 14.1 (Unofficial)