Google Pixel 2 And Pixel 2 XL Root Method [Magisk] – To root Google devices, Magist installation is the easiest and popular method. Magic Task or Magisk is easy to use and install. Rooting a phone gives you the freedom to develop your system UI easily. So, in this article we will show how to root Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. For Complete development guide of Google Pixel 2 Bookmark this link Google Pixel 2 Development – Unlock, TWRP, Root And All Custom ROM List
Google Pixel 2 And Pixel 2 XL Root Method [Magisk]
Rooting or flashing Custom Recovery/Custom ROM’s results to the void of the warranty of the device. (We) Instandroid.net and its authors will not responsible for bricked devices, dead SDcard or any damage in your device which is incurred in the process of flashing Custom Recovery/custom ROM/Rooting or any development process the device. We highly advice to take a backup of your device prior to performing the process. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM, before flashing it! You are choosing to make these modifications. Nevertheless if you need any help, just comments already. We will always pleased to help you.
To root your Google Pixel 2 And Pixel 2 XL, your phone must be bootloader unlocked.
Factory Image Installation in Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL
- At first Download the Official Factory Boot Image from the download link given above. Download Taimen for Pixel 2 XL and Walleye for Pixel 2. Put the file in ADB Folder on your computer.
- Unzip the Factory Image file. You will see a bootloader image, a radio image, an image zip file, and a couple of flash scripts.
- Open the “flash-all.bat” file in a text editor
- Remove the “-w” flag before the fastboot command towards the end of the file. This will prevent fastboot from formatting your device.
- Connect your mobile into computer by a USB Cable.
- Now, open a command prompt window on the adb folder and type some commands:
adb reboot bootloader
- This command will take your phone into bootloader mode. Type again in ADB
- Reboot the phone after finish.
Root Google Pixel & Pixel 2 XL
- Download the Magisk zip from the and install the manager from the zip.
- Install Magisk and Latest Magisk manager.
- Extract the factory image downloaded earlier, then open the extracted folder. Extract and open the image-taimen-opd.Xor image-walleye-opd.X folder, then copy the file labeled boot.img to the Downloads folder on your phone.
- Open Magisk.
- Click Patch Boot Image File.
- Inside the file picker, navigate to the Downloads folder
- Select boot.img. Magisk will use the boot image you supplied to generate a modified boot image for your phone, and give you the location of where that image is stored. Copy the modified image from the phone to your computer.
- Put the file into ADB Folder.
- Connect your phone into pc by usb cable.
- Now, open a command prompt window by pressing SHIFT + Right Mouse Button.
- In the command prompt, type these commands:
adb reboot bootlader
after entering into bootloader mode, type
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- Your work is done here. After the phone boot up, download Root Checker Pro.apk from Playstore and check if the phone is rooted or not.