Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL Custom Recovery TWRP, Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. You can now install the TWRP in your Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL without breaking any sweat. Without TWRP installed in your device, you cannot install any custom rom. Follow the instruction bellow to flash the twrp in your device.
Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL Custom Recovery TWRP
Rooting, Unlocking or flashing any Custom Recovery/Custom ROM’s results to the void of the warranty of the device. Instandroid.net and its authors will not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD-card or any damage in your device which is incurred in the process of flashing Custom Recovery/custom ROM/Rooting or any development process the device. We highly advice to take a backup of your device prior to performing the process. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM, before flashing it! You are choosing to make these modifications. Nevertheless if you need any help, just comments already. We will always pleased to help you.
Downloads and Requirements
To install TWRP in your Asus Zenfone Max (ZC550KL), first you need to download the required twrp file for your device. Your devices bootloader also need o be unlocked. and You will be also need to install the adb driver in your PC. All the required files are given bellow —
How To Flash TWRP In Asus Zenfone Max (ZC550KL)
- First of all download all the file from download section as usual. After that install ADB driver in your computer.
- This method required and Open Bootloader which means you need a Bootloader Unlocked Zenfone 2. If you still not unlock your phone’s bootloader yet, than you should check out this article – Bootloader Unlocking Process of Zenfone MAX.
- Now go to fastboot mode of your Zenfone max (ZC550KL). In order to enter fastboot mode first turn off your phone. Then press and hold together the Volume Up + Power key for a while.
- You should let go of all keys as soon as the ASUS LOGO appears on the screen. You will be right there on Fastboot boot (Bootloader) mode.
- Now extract the TWRP file and connect your zenfone 2 with your PC/laptop via USB cable. Using original ASUS USB cable is recommended.
- Open the “TWRP for ZC550KL” folder, an Press SHIFT KEY + Right Mouse Key to open the command prompt.
- Meantime a CMD (command prompt) will appear on your computer screen. Now type the following command and hit enter (DO NOT MODIFY THE COMMAND)
- Now type and execute the following command. Flashing process will be completed with-in 10-15 seconds and your device will automatically reboot into recovery mode. (DO NOT MODIFY THE COMMAND)
fastboot boot recovery.img
- The TWRP will be installed/flashed in your phone in a minutes. Then turn off your phone. After that, press and hold together the Volume Up + Power key for a while. You should release the Power key as soon as the phone vibrates. Afterwards press Volume Down to select option “Recovery“, and press Power button to confirm.
- Congratulation! You have successfully flashed/installed TWRP in your Asus Zenfone Max (ZC550KL).
Once You’ve flashed the TWRP in your Asus Zenfone Max (ZC550KL). Now you can install custom rom in your phone, Root your phone and so on. All Custom ROM List for your Asus Zenfone Max (ZC550KL)
Source: XDA Forum
- Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL Bootloader Unlocking Method
- Xiaomi Mi A1 Oreo Custom Rom Resurrection Remix Oreo
- How to Install Magisk Manager (Latest Version 5.6.3 Guide)
- Xiaomi Mi A1 Oreo Custom Rom Lineage OS 15.1 (Unofficial)
- Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL Custom Rom Lineage OS 14.1 OMS(Substratum)
- Raphsonbd – Android Developers Blog